Vex is a mage champion in LoL Wild Rift who specializes in dealing burst damage and disrupting enemies with her crowd control abilities. She is a versatile and powerful champion who can fit in different team compositions and roles. In this tutorial, you will learn the basics of how to play Vex, including her skills, items, runes, and strategies.
– Passive: Doom ‘n Gloom
Vex gains Doom when she witnesses an enemy dash or blink. Her next basic attack becomes a ranged attack that deals bonus magic damage and marks the target with Gloom for a few seconds. Enemies marked with Gloom take more damage from Vex’s abilities and have reduced healing.
– First Ability: Mistral Bolt
Vex fires a wave of mist that deals magic damage and slows enemies hit by 30% for 2 seconds. If Vex has Doom, she also fears enemies hit for 1 second.
– Second Ability: Personal Space
Vex emits a shockwave around her that deals magic damage and knocks back enemies. If Vex has Doom, she also silences enemies hit for 1 second.
– Third Ability: Looming Darkness
Vex commands her shadow to fly to a target location, dealing magic damage and slowing enemies by 15% for 2 seconds. The shadow remains at the location for 5 seconds, granting vision and increasing the slow to 25%. Vex can recast this ability to teleport to the shadow’s location.
– Ultimate: Shadow Surge
Vex launches a wave of shadow that deals magic damage to the first enemy champion hit and marks them as her Nemesis for 4 seconds. Vex can recast this ability to dash towards her Nemesis, dealing additional magic damage and refreshing her Doom.
– Luden’s Echo: This item gives Vex more ability power, mana, and cooldown reduction. It also enhances her burst damage with its passive effect that triggers extra magic damage on enemies hit by her abilities.
– Ionian Boots of Lucidity: These boots give Vex more cooldown reduction and summoner spell haste. They help her cast her abilities more frequently and use her Flash or Ignite more often.
– Rabadon’s Deathcap: This item gives Vex a huge boost of ability power. It amplifies her damage output and makes her abilities more impactful.
– Morellonomicon: This item gives Vex more ability power and magic penetration. It also reduces the healing of enemies hit by her abilities with its passive effect that applies Grievous Wounds.
– Void Staff: This item gives Vex more ability power and magic penetration. It helps her deal more damage to enemies who build magic resistance.
– Zhonya’s Hourglass: This item gives Vex more ability power and armor. It also gives her a way to survive dangerous situations with its active effect that makes her invulnerable for 2.5 seconds.
– Electrocute: This rune gives Vex more burst damage when she hits an enemy with three separate attacks or abilities within 3 seconds.
– Brutal: This rune gives Vex more ability power and magic penetration. It helps her deal more damage in the early game.
– Regeneration: This rune gives Vex more health and mana regeneration. It helps her sustain in lane and recover from poke damage.
– Manaflow Band: This rune gives Vex more mana and mana regeneration. It helps her cast her abilities more freely and avoid running out of mana.
– In the laning phase, Vex can use her Mistral Bolt and Looming Darkness to poke and harass the enemy laner. She can also use her Personal Space to create some distance if the enemy tries to engage on her.
– Vex can use her Doom passive to punish enemies who dash or blink near her. She can follow up with her Mistral Bolt or Shadow Surge to fear them and deal more damage.
– Vex can use her Looming Darkness to scout bushes or objectives and gain vision. She can also use it to escape ganks or chase enemies by teleporting to the shadow’s location.
– Vex can use her Shadow Surge to initiate fights or finish off low health targets. She can also use it to reposition herself in teamfights or dodge skillshots.
– Vex should try to hit as many enemies as possible with her abilities to maximize her damage output. She should also try to apply Gloom on priority targets to reduce their healing and deal more damage with her abilities.